Uit ITforResearch bij Universiteit Utrecht
A short introduction to wiki and wiki formatting.
For every edit or addition on this wiki you need an account.
Make an account[bewerken]
- Make an account with the -button at the top right. You have to register with an UU-email address.
- Confirm your account with the email that is send to that email address.
- Log in.
Edit an existing page[bewerken]
- Go to a page.
- Use the "Handelingen" button to edit.
- Or use the "Actions" button if you use English as interface language.
- Or left click twice on a page to edit.
Create a new page (method 1)[bewerken]
- Go to the page where you want insert a reference to the new page.
[[New page name]]on that page.
- Save that page.
- Click on
[[New page name]](which will have a red color) to create that page.
- Enter your text in the new page.
Create a new page (method 2)[bewerken]
- Say you want to create a page with title "New page name".
- Type "New page name" in the search box (in the yellow bar at the top of each page).
- The wiki will not find it (if it doesn't exist). You can choose to create it.
- Click on the red page name to create the page.
- For text formatting markup, see the next section.
- For how to use images and files, see below.
Text formatting markup[bewerken]
|Description||You type||You get|
|Character (inline) formatting – applies anywhere|
|Bold and italic||
'''''bold & italic'''''
bold & italic
|Section formatting – only at the beginning of the line|
|Section Headings of different levels
== Level 2 == === Level 3 === ==== Level 4 ==== ===== Level 5 ===== ====== Level 6 ======
* Start each line * with an [[Wikipedia:asterisk|asterisk]] (*). ** More asterisks give deeper *** and deeper levels. * Line breaks <br />don't break levels. Any other start ends the list.
Any other start ends the list.
# Start each line # with a [[Wikipedia:Number_sign|number sign]] (#). ## More number signs give deeper ### and deeper ### levels. # Line breaks <br />don't break levels. # Blank lines # end the list and start another. Any other start also ends the list.
Any other start also ends the list.
|Links – applies anywhere|
|Internal link on same page||
|External link with specified link text||
More information about Wiki formatting[bewerken]
How to use images and files[bewerken]
See Help:Managing_files. There are basically two modes:
- You can embed pictures and other images in a page. For instance, you may have uploaded a person's picture and want that picture to appear alongside the text on a page about that person. For information on how to embed an image, see Help:Images.
- Some files may be of a type that cannot be embedded in a page (for example, a spreadsheet -- assuming the wiki allows such file types to be uploaded at all). Or the file may be an image that is so large it's only useful on its own page (for example a detailed map). Or you may simply be wanting to refer the readers to where they can download or replace the file. In each of these cases you don't want to embed the file in another page; you just want the page to have a link to the file description page (or to the file itself). For information on how to link to a file, see Help:Linking_to_file.